Laptop and Mobile Resources
Printing From Your Personal Computer
In the Library:
- Create and save your document.
- Open a browser and navigate to https://uprint.byuh.edu.
- Log in.
- Upload your document (You can skip to the next section if you have a phone or other mobile device).
- Select your document to print.
- Select the printer you wish to print to.
- Select any print options (color/b&w, # of copies, pages, etc.).
- Click the "Print" button.
- Collect your printed document.
Where ever you see a printer with a QR code (if you have already uploaded a document from your computer OR if you have saved a document to your phone):
- Scan the QR code with your phone.
- Log in.
- Upload your document or select a previously uploaded document.
- Select any print options (# of copies, pages, etc.).
- Tap the "Print" button.
- Collect your printed document.
You must be on campus to print.
What document formats are supported for upload?
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Publisher
- Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Text (CSV, RTF & TXT)
- Images (JPG, TIFF, GIF, BMP)
- Open Office 4.0 or greater documents
How do I change printing options before releasing my print jobs?
Note: Pharos Print Center allows you to change some printing options of documents sent via MobilePrint (i.e. sent via email or uploaded on Print Center). You cannot change the document attributes of jobs sent via popups or standard Pharos queues.
You can change the following printing options:
- Black and white to color or vice versa.
- Single-sided to double-sided or vice versa
- Number of pages per side (one page or two pages per side).
- Number of copies.
- Page range option.
To change printing options:
- Select the job you wish to modify.
- Select the printer you want to print your job to.
- On the "Print Options" section, select the printing options you want to apply to your print jobs.
- Release your print jobs.
Note about changing print options:
Documents sent via web upload will default to black and white and double-sided. If you sent a document in color and did not change the print option to “print in color” and/or “single-sided,” the documents will be printed in black and white and double-sided.
How do I print multiple copies of my document?
- Select the job you wish to print.
- In the "Print Options" section, select the "Copies" button.
- Enter the number of copies in the textbox provided. Print Center will automatically re-calculate the cost of the jobs based on the number of copies selected.
- Proceed with printing and releasing your jobs.
Do You Want to Type in Your Own Language?
To change your keyboard language and to set a preference for a specific language on websites and apps (Windows 10), please follow the steps from suuport.microsoft.com below:
- Select the Start button, then Settings > Time & Language > Language.
- Select Add a language.
- Choose the language you want to use from the list, and then select Next.
- Review any language features you want to set or install, and select Install.
- Note: To switch the input language you're using in Windows 10, select the language abbreviation on the far right of the taskbar, and then select the language or input method you want to use. You can also press and hold the Windows logo key and then repeatedly press the Spacebar to cycle through all your languages.
For older Windows versions, If you want to use in your own language, please follow the steps below:
- Press start menu button (windows logo with blue circle )
- Click on Control Panel
- Click on "Change keyboards or other input methods" under Clock, Language, and Region
- Press "Change keyboards..." button under Keyboards and Languages Tab
- Press "Add..." button under General Tab
- Select your language and click ok
- Click OK again
- Language bar will appear on Task Bar and you can use your language
Who can use the computers in the computer labs?
All computers in the computer Labs are for the use of current Brigham Young University–Hawaii students only. If you are a:
- Visitor or BYUH Alumni: You are welcome to use the kiosks. Please refer to the lab locations page for kiosk locations.
- BYUH Staff: Please use computers in your department.
What if I am not a student and want to print something?
Brigham Young University–Hawaii provides printing services. Please visit the Print Services website for more information.